Steven Universe: 'Reunited' Review

Steven Univerese: 'Reunited' Review

Not even all of the spoilers beforehand stopped this one from being one epic climax episode.

This episode was amazing with all of the elements that usually make a typical Steven Universe episode great. A song, action, and emotion. All three elements were attached and greatly represented throughout the episode.




It started with a song titled, "Let's Only Think About Love", which right off the bat imprinted itself onto my brain and will be another SU song I'll be singing when in the shower or making breakfast. I appreciated the message that came with the song as well, in which we spend a little time focusing on the positives instead of negatives in all aspects of life.

The wedding itself was sweet and both Ruby and Sapphire's vows hooked my heart and ears. It was also a nice touch seeing them finally kiss on the lips, an action never shown in any other episode and this was the perfect time to do so. It's also such an interesting concept thinking about how their marriage is solidified by forming Garnet. It's a unique concept I've never seen before.




And then the diamonds arrive.

Things got CRAZY! I wasn't able to watch the episode on its premier day so I was attacked by multiple spoiler thumbnails on youtube, disappointingly. Though, one thing that was a surprise watching was the appearance of the cluster and the form it took! It was also interesting how it seemed to have a mind of its own and was certainly on Steven's side. The arm wrestling between the cluster and Yellow Diamond ship was awesome.

Meanwhile Blue Diamond was getting physical with the crystal gems, and I was glad. I've been yearning for some solid action from this show for a while now and this satisfied my taste buds 100 percent. Though I loved all of them working together and I believe they have true strength with that, I also would've wished for a bit more power when it came to Blue and Yellow. I mean, they're diamonds after all. But that aside, the action was perfect and the emotions too! You really felt the power in Blue's voice, credits to the voice actress (Lisa Hannigan)




I was also surprised by Lapis' return and am glad she came to help out. Then, Yellow diamond emerges full of fury and wow. I felt it. Especially when she zapped Peridot (hilarious moment, up until she got poofed that is) Though, I do really enjoy the ruthlessness in her character, as represented when she literally stomped on Steven. Ouch.

The next part of the episode was a little more tame, but still contributing obviously. We get to know more of Steven's special powers as he enters each characters head? I guess that's how I would put it. I loved seeing him encourage everybody and how determined the crystal gems were. When he finally emerged back to his usual body, it was pretty crazy seeing everyone so up close, including the diamonds and how he managed to get through to them.





After watching this episode and seeing that finally the diamonds have their closure and might even be on the Crystal Gems' side for a bit, you'd think this is a nice way to finally resolve the tension between Homeworld and Earth, but in reality, more questions arise as a result. Oh boy. I can't wait to see what we're in for in the upcoming episodes and am patiently waiting for the announcement of season 6 and the presence of... White Diamond... Or maybe she was and always will be "just a theory" amongst the hundreds of thousands in the SU community. (unlikely, I mean, you guys saw how the Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz thing played out, right?) Anyways, thank you for reading! Check the highlights below!


Rating: 9.5/10
Favorite Character: The Diamonds
Favorite Moment: Yellow Diamond breaks out of ship as the camera shot zooms in on an intimidating face and body of fury
Song Rating: 8/10
Aftermath: Very excited for "Corruption" episodes, and I believe this will be the start of an even bigger arc where White Diamond is introduced and becomes the next big villain, even against the other fellow diamonds (until even she is eventually redeemed and gets to share a barn with pumpkins as pets with other redeemed characters haha jk... It's probably gonna happen though)

Until the next review,

HTreviewer




Comments